Cloud Project Setup
What are Cloud Projects?
Google Cloud Platform resources are segmented into "Projects" for organizational and billing purposes.
When you register for Zync via zyncrender.com, Zync creates a Google Cloud Project on your behalf and configures it for Zync. All Zync usage will be billed to this project.
This page describes how to access your project and configure billing, if you should ever need to change this setup after you've registered.
Find Your Zync Project
Point your browser to https://console.developers.google.com/project. Log in; ensure you use the same Google account that you used to register with Zync.
On this page you'll see a list of all Google Cloud Projects you own. You should see one named Zync Render that was created during Zync registration.
If you don't have a Zync Render project:
- Verify you've logged into console.developers.google.com with the same Google account with which you registered on zyncrender.com.
- Create a new project, follow this doc to set up billing and enable Zync, then email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask your records be updated with the new project ID.
View Billing Settings
- Select a project from the list to access it.
- Select the Billing tab to visit your Project billing settings.
If you haven't configured billing already, you will be prompted to set up a new billing account and enter your billing details.
From your Billing page you can:
- Access billing history
- Update payment info (add/change credit cards)
- Set alerts for when usage exceeds certain amounts.
If you have any questions about billing setup, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Enable Zync on your Project
In order to use your Project with Zync, the Zync API must be enabled on that project. There is usually no need to do this manually; it is done for you automatically during Zync registration. In case something happened and yours isn't enabled, here's what you can do:
- Locate your Project via the steps above.
- Ensure billing is enabled on that project, by visiting the Billing page as described above.
- In the API Manager, search for Zync:
- Enable the API:
- You may see a warning to create credentials. This can be ignored.